The Jewish Genealogical Society of Greater Boston has been awarded the 2020 IAJGS Outstanding Resource Program Award for our Research Sundays. Congratulations to Judy Izenberg, who created and chaired this event for so many years, and to Jonathan Rappaport, who turned it into a virtual program, as well as all of our Board Members and volunteer research consultants who have made this program such a resounding success!
March 7, and June 13
Until further notice, Research Sundays will be virtual using Zoom videoconferencing.
Watch for registration date announcements on this website or in JGSGB’s emails. Online registration will open approximately one month before the date of Research Sunday. To sign up for email announcements about programs offered by the JGSGB, click HERE (even if you are not a member).
What Are Research Sundays?
They are an opportunity during a 30-minute session to (choose one only):
- Consult with an experienced researcher for help with your research questions
- Work with a strategist to plan your next steps
- Get translation help with documents written in various foreign languages
- Learn how to interpret your DNA results or decide if DNA testing is for you
- Obtain help using a specific genealogy software program
- Examine our extensive research collection of books and maps on your own or with the guidance of our librarians (when in-person sessions resume)
You must register in advance. Registration opens approximately one month before and closes one week before the event. Once registration is open, follow the steps below to sign up.
Please note that the following registration process is new:
- If you are a current member, click HERE to log in.
- Once logged in, click on the “What would you like to do?” drop-down box at the right.
- Click onto the “Members-Only Page” and navigate to the Research Sunday section.
- Please click on the link for “Research Sunday Registration” and fill out the online form.
The HELP section of the JGSGB website under the Membership tab has detailed, step-by-step instructions with screen shots for each of these functions.
We can always use more volunteers to help on Research Sundays. If you would like to serve as an experienced researcher or foreign language translator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.