We offer the following types of membership, all of which run on a calendar-year basis:
- Individual membership ($35) for a single person.
- Dual membership ($45) for two people who live at the same address. The person who signs up will be the primary member and will be able to add a second member, who may attend meetings and other member events.
- Sustaining membership ($60) for a single person or two people who want to provide extra support to the Society.
- Mass-Pocha ONLY membership ($15) is for someone who lives outside Massachusetts. Mass-Pocha subscribers will receive the three annual issues of our journal. This membership DOES NOT include attendance at our meetings (virtual or in-person), other member events, or access to our Members-Only Website Section.
These benefits apply to all Membership Types except the Mass-Pocha subscription.
- Monthly Programs – Free admission to interesting and informative programs with internationally renowned speakers.
- Research Sunday – Individual help with your research questions and with translating documents and personal papers.
- Special Interest Groups – (SIGs) opportunity to join groups that focus on research in Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus, Bessarabia, Galicia, and on Sephardic ancestry.
- Mass-Pocha – Three issues a year of our award-winning journal.
- Research Library – Access to the JGSGB’s extensive collection of books and maps.
- Program Recordings – Access to the Members-Only section of the JGSGB website with speaker handouts and program recordings with slides. Opportunity to order recordings from programs prior to 2019.
- JGSGB Book Group – Opportunity to participate in the JGSGB Book Group, with genealogy-themed selections.
- One free day‐pass to use the research facilities of the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS).
- Opportunities to network with and learn from other people interested in Jewish genealogy.